In our last blog post, we explained how our answering service served as a modern-day town crier by providing automatic mass Express Messaging to residents during winter storm Jonas. The local borough that utilized the Express Messaging service was delighted by residents’ response to keeping key streets clear of parked cars for snow removal.
You might be surprised to know just how many other ways Express Messaging can service towns and boroughs. Automated mass messaging can be used for:
- Notifications of community events, such as a holiday parade, etc.
- Emergency evacuation because of a chemical spill or gas leak.
- Road closures, such as if a bridge is out, or if construction is detouring traffic.
- Notifications of water flushing to remind residents they may experience brown water.
- Notices to targeted groups or neighborhoods for leaf collection reminders.
But it’s not just municipalities that can benefit from Express Messaging. The mass notification system can be useful for any group that may need to reach people in a timely fashion, using as little manpower as possible. The service is ideal for:
- Businesses that need to send notices to employees or customers.
- Schools that need to send alerts for snow days or reminders of school events.
- Retirement communities to remind residents of services or events.
- Colleges and higher education institutions of all kinds.
Express Messaging is simple, reliable, effective and highly cost effective with no installation or heavy investment. Rates are fixed no matter the usage, and there’s no contract or long term commitment. Residents can opt to receive messages using multiple means—text, voice, or email— and can manage their profiles through a self-serve portal.
If you’d like to learn more about how Towne can partner with your community group, business, or institution to provide immediate, automated messaging, please call us at 215-660-0800 for a free consultation.